While rest may be the hardest thing on this list to convince yourself to do, it is actually very beneficial. Since the Plantar Fascia is located in the feet, it is a very hard area to rejuvenate because of the constant motion many people find themselves in. However, if you could find a way to take some days off of work, training, running, or whatever it is you do, your feet would appreciate it and, perhaps, you could prevent your pain from becoming chronic. Even just a few days to focus on resting and rejuvenating your feet would provide astounding results, especially if you took the time during those days to also try one or more of the following:
- While sitting back and relaxing, apply ice for 20 minutes. This will reduce inflammation and provide some relief. Remember to always wrap the ice pack, bag of frozen veggies, or bagged ice cubes, etc. in a towel to prevent damaging your skin and tissue from the cold item.
- Find a topical analgesic lotion or cream that will provide relief from inflammation and pain. Many topical pain relievers contain ingredients like Menthol, Arnica, Capsicum, Aloe Vera, Glucosamine, etc., all of which have rejuvenating qualities. Some products even contain Emu Oil which is known to provide relief from pain, as well as absorb through all layers of the skin and carry other beneficial ingredients along with it. There are many different ones on the market so be sure to look around and find the one that is best for you.
- Maybe you could give yourself a few hours to relax with your feet up in order to wear a splint.
- Also, don’t forget to grab that tennis ball or frozen water bottle to massage that arch at least 4 times,if not more, throughout the day.
- Other options for giving your heel some rest would be to switch to low impact forms of exercise such as swimming or biking. Both of these options allow you to keep yourself fit, but prevent you from exerting pressure on your feet and aggravating your Plantar Fasciitis.
- If at all possible, avoid taking too many NSAIDs or painkiller medications. While these may provide temporary relief, they are known to have serious side effects. They also cause your body to build up a tolerance which makes you feel the need to consume more of these potentially life-threatening pills. Finding a way to naturally relieve your pain will be more rewarding and less risky.